Sunday 2 March 2014

Hyacinth Bouquet

Ha ha, I just realised what I should have called my last post, so as I'm still enjoying that fragrance I'll do so today. Always grateful for an appropriate and amusing title!

I'm grateful for reading a funny passage about acyrologia on Facebook. If you don't have Facebook and would like to read it do an image search with the word. Some of the incorrect phrases I fear may soon be incorporated in my already somewhat idiosyncratic idiolect because, let's face it, who hasn't wanted to adopt a feeble position when they're experiencing post-dramatic stress?

While you're at it, if you like patterns, patchwork, fabric and/or sewing look for images of Soul Blossoms. I give thanks coming across this gorgeous range for the first time a few hours ago. It's not cheap and I'm very grateful I don't need any material at the moment or I'd be sawly tempted (couldn't resist that...sawly tempted describes what happens in the eye of the beholder very well I think!)

I'm grateful I decided not to go to choir practice in the church this afternoon though I really did want to be there as I love the songs we're singing at the moment and I love visiting religious buildings too. I'd even washed my hair as a start to the preparations, but I've been running so slowly today that it reached the point where it was either make some lunch or go, and I was so pleased that I fancied both making and eating some lunch that it seemed a shame to waste the urge.

I was grateful for a spot of postprandial shut eye afterwards, and changing my bedding though that was most of the day gone. I also give thanks for reading this thought provoking article. I usually enjoy the Point of View pieces as they're usually well articulated and can sometimes make you realise there are ones other than your own...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26383063

Oh, and I'm grateful for very nearly finishing my cardigan. Just a few ends to weave in and the button to sew on. I can't decide which of those to choose...the lighter one looks better by electric light than it does by flash, but I'll wait til day to decide. It goes quite nicely with my rug...I could just put it on and lie there smelling the hyacinths!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics