Tuesday 25 March 2014

Middle eight

I give great thanks for going to choir last night - for the company, the cake, the chance to laugh and sing and dredge up the remains of my musical knowledge, and for the thoughtful lifts from Jenny. I'm also grateful the choir has been asked to provide some celebratory entertainment at the Mayor's reception after the train line opens again at the end of next week...because it makes it all the more believable that it will!

I give thanks for being aware over the last couple of days that my aches and pains were on the way back, and that when they woke me up in the night for a full on welcome home party I was prepared with my new mattress so that the bits that weren't hurting were comfortable at least. I lay there giving thanks for all the things I did with my time of feeling a little better, and planning to do better with the time that I don't. I was grateful this morning that I had things I had to go out and do, so I didn't hang around feeling sorry for myself.

I was grateful for the sight of a little walled town garden all a-blue with grape hyacinths...and of a V&A doll's house jigsaw in a charity shop, which I liked so much I bought as an odd companion to my higgledy piggledy Colin Thompson one. Oh, and for finding out he has a website too http://www.colinthompson.com/index.html


I'm grateful for getting a good snack lunch when I was out so that I could use my hands for craft work on my return rather than chopping veg for my tea. Also for realising that working a few rows of each of my new seat covers in turn means that I can monitor yarn quantities better. As part of the idea is to use up leftovers I don't want to be hunting around for new ones to match what's running out so I'm saving some of those for the finishing inches and will create a textile middle eight to join them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics