Tuesday 18 March 2014

Low gear

I give thanks for the record number of naps I had yesterday evening after deciding not to go out again...two during the time I'd have been singing and three between getting into bed and turning out the light!

Today I've been grateful both for staying awake, and resisting the temptation to lounge in the bath for hours with a book (no mean feat sometimes). Also for nonetheless not expecting too much of myself or setting too many tasks for completion in my head. As a result I've succeeded in a doing a couple short stints of craft work here and there, and also getting a bit of sorting and tidying done. Like almost everyone, I have a number of unsorted and untidy things and I'm a lot happier about it if they can be contained in designated areas, designated areas as small as can possibly be...


I've been giving thanks for staying indoors all day, and watching the weather changing - clouds passing over, breeze blowing up and quietening down...and for the showers which I'm sure the vegetation appreciates after all the sun of the last few days.  


I give thanks for a fascinating programme about a fascinating artefact there have been several theories about over the years  (hurry up if you want to watch it as it won't survive as long on iplayer as it has done in real life!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hlkcq 
I'd recorded it more in hope than expectation of entertainment but was riveted, not only by many calculations this clever machine could perform, but the clever machines and people since that helped work out what they were. I was particularly appreciative of the spirit of international co-operation involved.

I'm grateful for safety pins. Handy if you leave crochet undone for a while...so it doesn't come undone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics