Saturday 8 March 2014

Time out

I'm grateful for experiencing a flare down of joint pain the last few days, which combined with the mild dry evening made getting down the hill and back last night a lot easier. And for finding a chap in a wheelchair trying desperately to find a way in to the church which gave me a chance to appreciate my mobility and to even feel briefly useful by going up the steps and finding someone who knew where the ramp was and had a key to the right door.

I was grateful the sight of the choir looking so smart, and the sound of them singing so well convinced me I'd done the right thing by not joining in. And in the interval for remembering the socially inept have an important role to play in any gathering - helping those who're not appreciate themselves and each other better. Also for someone saying how nice it was to see my beaming smile from the stage. Note to self: smile more and say less. Well, either that or get a burly two way interpreter (Bridge fans read this because there's some very good news!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26158840

Though stiff and sore today (a flare down is not the same as pain free) I longed to be out in the hazy spring sunshine and, after some timetable juggling, was grateful to find a short pleasant journey not affected by that pesky broken track...and catch the bus both ways despite leaving both my phone and watch behind! I gave thanks for all the things to see from the window...dogs playing in the park, jet skis proving the season's turned, blossom and opening tree buds pressed up against the pane at one of the stops so I could take time to admire their miracle. I give thanks for the gorgeous greeny blue of the sea (not really like it looks on here!) and the headlands seeming to float on clouds in the misty light. Beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics