Saturday 15 March 2014

Comforters

Last night I was in need of some quick comfort food so I gave thanks for the makings of a new favourite almost ready meal. Most people I know who cook for one boil potatoes for more than so they can use the extra for something else afterwards. I've discovered if you also cook extra veg such as leeks, carrots and courgettes and mix the chunks with sliced up cooked veggie sausage (such as Cauldron's) before pouring chopped tomatoes over and sticking in the oven...you have a lovely sausage stew! It tastes far better than it ought to given the simple ingredients or method, and would probably work with Quorn or piggy sausages too but I've not tried those.

Having slept for most of the rest of the evening, I was in two minds whether to have a bath before bed but I'm grateful I did, and gave thanks that what seemed to be rather overpriced Body Shop 'melt' went a long way, with bubbles that lasted for ages, a delicious fragrance and soft skin afterwards.

As for today, well if you're local you may have seen it on the news: I had my first visitors since Bob left after Christmas! They could only stay a couple of hours but, on the plus side, this meant I got four hugs in one day! As it's such a rare thing for me now to spend time with friends I actually try to forget how much I enjoy it, but I give great thanks to John and Jo for reminding me. And for the sea and sky for being so beautiful so we could go 'ooh' and 'aah' together for a while.


I thought I might feel a bit bereft after they left, so I'm grateful I soon fell fast asleep instead. I give thanks for eventually levering myself upright again...and realising I'd left the freezer door open before it became impossible to close it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics