Thursday 6 March 2014

Birthday treatment

La la la la... I give thanks that it was Rachel's birthday today and she gave me an extra long, extra strong acupuncture treatment plus also made me a mug of tea! I gave her some things as well of course, including some homemade cookies in the box my stir fry came in last week, and a voucher to buy some yarn, which I was very grateful to see she was genuinely extremely pleased with! She's a bit of a crafty soul herself, understanding why I am mildly addicted/obsessed with my new crochet projects (this one I've just started working on, and the ones in my head it's inspired me to make afterwards)



As her latest crochet project had just stalled due to lack of wool, we're both hoping the voucher shop sells the right sort! I give great thanks for her sterling work over the years in keeping me as alive and pain free as possible.We also swapped second hand clothes and she gave me some soya mince...and I took a big bag of used carrier bags to the veg shop that uses them just as they were running out,so lots of going around coming around today.

I give thanks for some bamboo storage boxes I found in a sale arriving this morning...and that they fold flat so that they could. They are just the right size to go in the corner of the bedroom I want them, and just the right size for what I want to put inside!

I give thanks reading this the other day and for the good idea of walking a few steps almost literally in someone else's shoes to improve the route of one's own path a little
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26383933

also for this article about the difficulties in moving a city
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26383933 I was particularly grateful to see social anthropologists were involved in the project. Speaking as a partly trained social anthropologist, it's encouraging to employment opportunities here and there.

Anyway...la la la la...I must away and waggle my crochet hook at the fairies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics