Monday 24 March 2014

Scrubbing rush

I give thanks for the bright start to the morning, watching clouds fill in the deep blue sky and the wind whip up white horses on the sea before the rain came down too hard to see much out of the windows at all, but made me feel extra cosy inside.

I give thanks for catching up with those matters of personal care it's easy to realise you've left too long like cutting one's nails, cleaning the sink and meditation. You might think that cleaning the sink isn't personal care but it's 'taking care of yourself' in my book, and if you can do it happily you're manifesting metta too which has got to be good in anyone's (even though they may choose not to open it!). Metta is not a prayer or a religious practice but a cultivation of a state of mind, and I would recommend it to each and all, whether they say prayers, or practise religion, or do neither and think their state of mind is just fine, thank you very much, it's everyone else (or maybe everything else) that's at fault.

I give thanks for tea in a mug, chocolates in a box and, on the box, a new series of Louis Theroux investigating that smorgasbord of human lifeform diversity that is the US of A. Oh, and that all the scrubbing earlier means craftwork would be too painful tonight so that I might go to choir instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics