Wednesday 12 November 2014

Accumulation

So...the gist of the Google happiness programme I was talking about yesterday is to practice mindfulness and/or meditation, to take note of happy moments in your day and do, or at least wish, kindness to others... The evidence of its success is anecdotal but suggests the effect is cumulative and, as someone who has been accumulating the effects for some years, I urge you to start at once if you haven't already - because I really do want you to be happy you know!

I was grateful for less pain and more energy this morning so I could take some stuff to the little food bank collection point at the station cafe. All the supermarket ones are at supermarkets it's hard for me to get to, so I save up little light things I find on special offer like cup-a-soup and teabags and take a bag in now and then. Today, getting tired and also about to get wet, I rewarded myself with a cup of tea while I was there...and some chocolate wafers as my potassium levels were so (relatively) good on my latest blood results!

I give thanks for the mild temperatures, being out in the sunshine and also the pouring rain...but not getting cold. For the strange yellow light you get here sometimes when it's stormy at sunset, and the frequent glowing rainbows. For these beautifully glowering clouds...


I'm grateful I had the money to buy a Big Issue and the time to stop for a chat with the seller, and that when I got home I had just enough oomph left to sort out the post and junk mail in the hall, putting the latter in the recycling bins and letters that belong in another letterbox to the one they should be in. I'm grateful for ready chopped stir fry and ready cooked rice and hummous, and being too sore to do anything more than have a long lie down with the TV. All I need now is a masterchef to cook some supper and an obsessive compulsive cleaner to wash up...otherwise I'll be very grateful for crackers and apple and brie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics