Wednesday 19 November 2014

The rest of the day

I give thanks for a very long rest...pretty near three quarters of a day horizontal! Not all of it was sleep, but none of it was reading or surfing the internet and very little was spent visiting the kitchen or bathroom either...

I give thanks for eventually getting up and dressed and getting a cab to town for various small important things including enjoying being out in the wet and windy but quite mild weather, and admiring the neutral palette of the shore. I give thanks for Specsavers excellent lens cleaner to make the world visible again afterwards...


I give thanks for a pretty pied wagtail hopping on the pavement beside me

I give thanks for remembering a colour correctly when buying thread without the fabric to match it.

I give thanks for having enough energy to keep the NHS and Royal Mail on their toes even when I'd none left to stay on mine...

And I give thanks for a delicious tea including leftover mashed potato mixed with chopped onion and grated cheese and baked, and a warm (and warmly donated) mice pie with clotted cream. These are, of course, dishes that should be rationed from the renal point of view...but having eaten so little the last twenty four hours I reckon I probably had a bit of spare potassium limit to use. My tastebuds and my tummy were very grateful anyhow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics