Thursday 20 November 2014

Shining on

I give thanks for not getting into a strop about coming over all of a flop again last night, but just equanimously getting on with getting on with nothing at all. Considering how many maladies I have that either make doing things more tiring or simply make me too tired to do them, I achieve a lot a lot of the time and when I don't I'm grateful I often achieve acceptance...

However, after a couple of hours I also gave thanks when my catatonic converter kicked in, and I suddenly felt quite wide awake and motivated again. I gave thanks that, when having a tidy up, I dropped something in an inaccessible corner which led to me partially accessing it! I didn't find the lost thing at first but I did find a lot of fluff and cobwebs and got rid of all I could, and I'm always grateful for getting things clean...

I give thanks for finding the beeswax polish I like for wood also works well on my big leather chair, and with a lot less elbow grease required than shoe polish which I've tried before. I give thanks for remembering I bought it with my Asham Award prize money, thinking that I might sit in it and write a masterpiece...and for considering writing more than fifteen hundred grateful blog posts is one!

I give thanks for doing a little work on the slomo dress. It's a seasonal garment of soft and cosy brushed cotton and needlecord so the intention is to finish it this time round of said season. Will the stitches be in time? I give thanks there's no voice over commentator saying it will be a 'disaster' if they're not!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics