Thursday 6 November 2014

Break time

I give thanks for the smell of onions frying...especially when it's not your face over the pan! That's two teas being cooked for me this week, which even though one of them was merely boiled eggs and toast is definitely something to be grateful for!

I give thanks for getting up and ready in time for the taxi that was on time to catch the train that was on time too. And for the kind passenger who offered to carry my suitcase up the station stairs as the lift was out of order and when I 'asked for assistance' (as per the poster) the member of staff I asked said he'd find someone and went off and did and then the two of them walked past me and up the stairs without giving me any help at all.

I give thanks for the trolley coming round with a cup of tea just when I'd begun to think I'd have to go without... And for the trolley having a very tasty cookie to go with it!

I give thanks that I'm at John and Jo's with a hotty botty and central heating and don't, for now, need to concern myself with the fact that last night I broke the knob on my little gas heater for the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics