Sunday 2 November 2014

Tonight

Gee, I'm grateful I had no idea how much pain would follow a little light housework and gentle pottering to and from bus stops yesterday or I probably wouldn't have done them - which would have a shame because I was grateful for the other consequences and the activities didn't hurt at the time!

I'm grateful I've no one's else's expectations to meet, no one needing me to do anything for them or with them, or to be upset to see me struggling. I'm grateful sometimes I even manage not to expect much of myself, though I'm grateful for struggling too - that my default setting is to keep attempting things believing if I try a bit harder or longer, or start again after a rest or a cup of tea I might do better, because often it seems to be true...

Today I've been grateful for accepting its limits though, for appreciating stillness and very limited activity is all that can be. I'm grateful for a long soothing soak in the bath. For sleeping. For having crumpets and leftover odds and ends to eat. For a variety of TV  from Coach Trip catch up to David Attenborough's new wildlife series, and this interesting and uplifting insight into what happiness is and how to have more http://www.itv.com/news/2014-10-23/tonight-is-britain-happy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics