Thursday 27 November 2014

Matters of life

Ah, there's been some shadows the last couple of days. A friend has lost a much loved son still young, and a much loved much older cousin of my own is nearing the end of her journey. I give thanks for lives that touch others in the warmest ways...and for those who pass unappreciated as well. We are all here for a reason.

I give thanks for the sunshine that started the day giving way to bands of dark clouds and rain. My spirit was much tempted to venture forth in the bright bits but my body was having none of it at all!  I give thanks for a great deal of recorded TV which moved me to moist eyed compassion for those who suffer from clinging to things, or excessively cleaning things, who struggle to live a good life when beset by hopeless poverty or reviled sexual urges. There are many other shoes I'm grateful I do not have to walk in...

I give thanks for making a delicious omelette for my lunch and for finding some things I was looking for on line. Many years ago when I was briefly an art student, we had models in the life class who due to some now forgotten religious affiliation wore garments only in shades of orange...before removing them of course! I give thanks for remembering this while searching for purply red dye options and finding a link to a blog by someone who due to her religious convictions wears only shades of these colours. I give thanks for the solace and support some find in organised devotions - as long as this doesn't lead to them condemning other people's, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics