Tuesday 11 November 2014

Curled up

I give thanks for a soothing treatment from Rachel yesterday evening. For a while I completely forgot she was there or that I had needles in various parts of my body...and when I came to I realised I was pretty much lying in savasana so I guess that might have had something to do with it. 

I'd already decided not to go to choir, and after she'd had a cuppa and kindly washed up for me she decided she wasn't either, so continuing in the mood of let's not be bothered I contacted Jenny and said if she didn't want to walk over to mine this morning in the wind and rain she needn't and we all gave thanks for some extra curling up in the warm and dry.

I'm grateful I fondly imagined for a while I'd actually do rather more than that, but in the end, apart from finish the snake to do it with, that was pretty much it for today! 


I give thanks to my downstairs neighbours for letting Ms Tesco in which helped, and for discovering my many times broken dress rail has collapsed again as this means it's far too difficult to the back of the cupboard under the stairs and get my most weatherproof clothes out! I've still got an old curtain pole that would fit in the alcove and might have found someone to make me some ends which 'just' means some sawing and drilling left to allocate. I give thanks for remembering a roll of wide bright orange gaffer tape I found in the road a couple of months ago, coveted and kept. That might effect another temporary repair if I feel a bit more lively tomorrow...

I give thanks for finding out that Google has a 'happiness engineer', and was even more happy when I read this article and found out what they recommend!

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20141110-googles-algorithm-for-happiness

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics