Friday 7 November 2014

Burning bright

I always wake gratefully from a needed nap but even more so when someone else is up first, making some tea and attending to other necessary tasks. What a treat to be looked after for a couple of days, though I'm grateful I did make my own cuppa first thing today - be a shame to get home and find I've forgotten how!

I give thanks for a pretty drive through dripping autumn scenery to Prinknash Abbey, somewhere I've always wanted to go, not least to buy some of their delicious incense. It's years since I first encountered it, and I didn't realise it came in different blends... I chose Basilica. Much thanks for hot drinks and delicious cake in the cafe there as well, and the beautiful mural in the peaceful chapel there which reminded me of Lynd Ward's illustrations in the Cat Who Went to Heaven. And then I was grateful for remembering that!

I give thanks for the yummiest cauliflower cheese for an early tea and then a drive out to a local school's bonfire and fireworks display. It wasn't the most designed display I've ever seen (several times we thought it was over whilst at the end we didn't realise it had finished as there were a few random smaller ones after the bigger rockets, so we were particularly grateful for driving towards a rather grander finale somewhere else on the way home. And I'm grateful for finally finishing writing my blog now we're home and frequently distracted by all the other ones going off around the neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics