Saturday 8 November 2014

Setting off

Woohoo... I give thanks for Cheltenham Round Table firework display! My visit here was timed to coincide with it but, although we've been before and know it can be worth the effort, it did seem like an effort to get wrapped up and brave the crowds and car parking conundrums. I'm very grateful my meteorological manipulation skills meant we didn't have to worry about the weather as, despite a dark and blustery day and early evening showers, it was fairly mild and fair by seven, with a big bright moon peeking between the clouds.

I give thanks that we appealed to just the right marshal for leave to leave the queue of traffic inching towards parking spaces in the distance on the grounds that the distance was just too far for me to walk back to the venue, and that the end of the line he let us squeeze on to turned out to be right by an exit which made for easy exiting afterwards too. I give thanks that as we inched our own way through milling crowds, unaware of the best place to stand for the best view we came upon a good sized space that turned out to be in just the right place to watch the main display and lots of littler ones going on on the hillside behind. I give thanks for some wonderful fireworks, some of which were new to me set to music too which is always sets them off a treat I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics