Saturday 1 November 2014

Water borne

I'm grateful for cleaning the loo... Always a joy to have that done! I'm grateful for getting a couple more overdue household chores done so that the place looks a little less freshly ransacked and strewn with papers and garments and crumbs...

I'm grateful for garlic and herb roulade... Also always a joy and especially at half price!

I'm grateful for an alert to an imminent wardrobe malfunction when departure was not so imminent that I didn't have time to make the necessary changes. I get a few false alarms, but the alarms that cannot be ignored give me at most a couple of minute's warning which can make it difficult to calmly go through life going with the flow...I'm grateful for my perseverance.

I'm grateful I went to the local bonfire and associated delights. I prefer to do crowds with chums but I've run out of locals to ask to join me for firework things so I was delighted the evening was so balmy it would have been barmy to stay indoors! I'm grateful for looking in the lit windows of the houses over the river - like a fancy interiors magazine come to life it was.

I'm grateful I resisted the urge for a hash brown earlier because I had a feeling there might be some potato based diet breaking opportunity and there was...tartiflette! Mmmhmm, if I die of a heart attack in the night at least my tummy was happy first! I give thanks I resisted further sin in the form of hot chocolate, and that I took the ferry back in the dark - something I've always wanted to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics