Saturday 15 November 2014

Help! Fire!

I was grateful for the surprising sparkle of the stars in yesterday's not yet moonlit sky. And for it being mild enough to have the window open and hear the sounds of the night...except for a noise that woke me up in the wee small hours. I thought it was some large vehicle reversing because there'd be beeps and then an announcement repeated again and again, and it seemed to me to be at first close then further away. But today I see people saying it was something to do with a faulty alarm and the message was telling people to evacuate the building...people from all over the town but none identifying where, so I give thanks for the mystery!

I'm grateful I chose to accept my missions for the morning which included taking some bits to a charity shop and collecting my new little bottle gas fire. It's not heavy but the box was awkward so I gave thanks for the taxi driver holding it for me while I unlocked the downstairs door. I gave thanks for some opportunities to be helpful myself - letting the woman behind me in the Post Office queue go in from as she only wanted a stamp for France and I thought (rightly) getting the package might take longer than that, and also assisting a bemused knitter in choosing some buttons in the wool shop. I'm grateful said wool shop also had, in their rather random stock, just the knitting needle I was needing. I give thanks for not knitting a stitch since I got home though...in fact mostly doing nothing at all...

I'm grateful to the well behaved rain for not falling on me at all, but for the colour of mud and sea and mimosa buds bright outside my window.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics