Saturday 22 November 2014

Homes and gardens

I give thanks for the pretty mild and pretty weather today, with sparkly sea and fluffy clouds. I give thanks for the energy to go out in it for a bit and get some bits of this and that done... I give thanks for a rest and free cup of tea at the supermarket where children called Olivia and Barnaby are called with beautifully modulated vowels to casually well dressed heels...

And talking of modulation I give thanks for Lloyd Grossman pronouncing 'phenomenon' on some TV programmes about TV programmes about homes and gardens over the last fifty years (it's almost as good as Neil Oliver saying 'world'!) In fact I give thanks for the programmes themselves - fine entertainment for anyone with a penchant for the history of popular culture and domestic design.

I give thanks for making a start of reorganising my clothing storage so that summery things are out of the way and wintry things accessible, and for thus rediscovering how much personal weatherproofing I purchased last year! I give thanks that this start was made after making and eating lunch as I'm too exhausted to produce a proper tea now. I give thanks that I could maybe rustle up a sandwich later with some of the delicious cucumber from Mr Bromley's allotment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics