Saturday 29 November 2014

Where there's hope

I give thanks for the life of my cousin Marie. She was always open to new experiences, bless her, so I'm sure she's regarding her journey into the next world as an awfully big adventure...


I didn't meet her until I was a teenager, and she already had children older than me, but the kindness and encouragement she gave me in the years after my father died and my own mother couldn't or wouldn't, was very precious. She took me to my first meditation session for instance, and introduced me to avocados...important developmental milestones I'm sure you'll agree!   

I'm grateful she passed peacefully surrounded by her closest relatives and that they were together for each other because even when a life is full and long and it's a good time to go there's still some sadness. For me, although I remember so many happy times with Marie it's hard to remember them without other sorrows creeping in, so last night I was grateful when physical pain was keeping me awake so I could spend the time dealing with some emotional stuff too. 

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us Marie, and for all the laughter and fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics