Monday 17 November 2014

Walkies!

I give thanks that Mia has been on a Sahara trek to raise money for Hospice Care. She's always been a tireless collector and campaigner for worthy causes but she's never donated her energy in this way before, and she's not someone who does a lot of willing walking in the everyday life, so well done her! Seeing the photos reminded me of travelling in the desert south of Ouarzazate so I was grateful for that, and hearing of the preparations reminded me of my own long distance charity walk in Wales and England many years ago - organised without the internet of course which is hard to imagine now... Well done me! (In fact double well done because I managed to spell Ouarzazate without looking it up!). As my sponsored walk was for Band Aid, it's strange that it's been in my mind and then has been in the news again so I also give thanks for the coincidence and all who benefit from giving and receiving in whatever way they can.

I give thanks for a good neighbour tidying up the rubbish left beside the bins and tidying the bins up when they're emptied and left all higgledy piggledy. And for another neighbour good naturedly turning her music down on request. Also for more friendly swapping of goods and services at the library knitting group. I have more cookies than I went with but less jam!

I give thanks for these reflections by women on their toilet facilities around the world.. I give thanks that mine is indoors, inside my door and mostly used just by me... We are most of us more fortunate than we ever take a moment to imagine...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-30027513

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics