Sunday 9 November 2014

Sweetness and light

I'm so grateful I decided to keep a gratitude blog as if it had been any other kind of journal I might have felt moved to have a little rant about some of the situations encountered (and indeed NOT encountered!) over the last two or three hours. I know there's a school of thought about the value of 'getting things off your chest' but in my experience usually the more you remember and recount tales of exasperation and woe the more weight they gain both for you, and sometimes your listeners too.

I give great thanks for a soothing Roobosh and a few episodes of Coach Trip to restore my equilibrium, also for the remaining slices of pizza from a hasty lunch found in the supermarket, prepared and wrapped by John when we included too many very pleasant detours and delays on our 'elevenses' drive today. 

I give thanks for a visit to a fine old Saxon chapel and a Norman Abbey with some of the most delicate stonework I've ever seen, a mighty iron stove and a very well stocked gift shop - I was tempted to make an impulsive purchase there...and gave in! Also for exceedingly delicious cake at an Italian cafe... 

I'm grateful if all goes according to my current plan soon I should be wallowing in bath water...and then snuggling under the covers, and that even if plans go awry, the mere thought of such pleasures is sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics