Monday 10 November 2014

Pretty smelly

I give thanks for a very long lie in... and a very slow getting up to follow. I give thanks for cancelling everything that didn't need to be done and for doing the things that did. It seems I'm going through a phase of having to ask twice so I'm grateful for repeating myself while retaining some pleasantness.

I give thanks for mostly unpacking and for the pretty smelly things I found in my case such as the incense and the patterned tin of vegan cream. I've got as far as opening the packet of the former and putting the tin of the latter on my dressing table though still not lifted the lid... I like to make my pleasures last! Thanks also for my soft and warm new scarf (love the colours even more for being half price!) and for the bath salts that were an unwanted gift for someone else. A fortuitously timed conversation about such things led them to be offered to me  and my fortuitously timed groans at the weight of the jars they were in led to the contents being decanted into takeaway boxes and the containers going to a potter who uses blue glass in her designs.

I give thanks for the bright and beautiful jays in the trees behind the less scenic rubbish bins. For a cheery cabbie and a churning sea. I give thanks for the sound of the wind and waves and rain and that I can stay snug indoors for a day or two now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics