Monday 3 November 2014

On the other foot

I give thanks for a couple of Paracetamol to help me sleep, for a neighbour's music for waking me and another neighbour's dog for barking me out of bed... I give thanks for a meditate in between!

I give thanks for less pain today so that I'm more able to manage basic tasks and that I've washed my hair which feels lovely for being clean. I'm more tired than yesterday which is frustrating because yesterday I was frustrated by being full of creative energy and unable to wield so much as a pin...let alone a knitting pin. I give thanks for the chance to contemplate that physical suffering brings, the chance to consider what matters to us and why. It all comes down to desire of course, but sometimes figuring where the desire comes from and how it's fuelled is a useful step to overcoming the urge to fulfill it.

I give thanks for making it late to the library but not too late for a cup of tea and a natter. I give thanks for a delightful delay on my journey placing an order for some handmade boots which will include some extra toe room for my difficult ones. This makes them sound surgical and unappealing but they are going to be much prettier than that in purple, burgundy and dark green leather!

I give thanks the book I ordered for Biddy was waiting for me at the PO, and that she was at the group and pleased to receive it. I give thanks for the gift of a crochet eyeball from her! Also for agreeing to swap the knitting of a pair of socks for a steamer I can no longer use. I'd already asked the Jenny who loves knitting socks if she'd mind doing some for me and she'd agreed, and thought it was a different conversation when I asked if someone wanted the steamer...but it turned out she most enthusiastically did, so much gratitude for the serendipitous symmetry of the situation as well.

I give thanks for remembering this sculpture I saw last week that just proves sometimes a fish just does...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics