Wednesday 20 May 2015

Bee's knees

I give thanks for a heartwarming and sometimes hilarious Catfish catch up compilation, a long hot bath and a long and surprisingly deep sleep last night...and well into this morning. I woke up still in stupid amounts of pain but rested and better able to deal with it for which I (and everyone around me) must be truly grateful...and I give thanks for a long lie in with the only aural interruption a text from Christine praising my bee of good cheer at the library. 

I give thanks for discovering when I finally made it into the kitchen for tea and toast that I did the washing up last night. Don't remember that at all!

I give thanks for the sunshine today. Plan A had been to enjoy it by taking a scenic bus ride but it took til mid afternoon to get dressed, so I'm grateful I had a Plan B which was to take a taxi down to the back beach...and when my knees were quite insistent that no stairs featured in the schedule at all, I'm grateful I had a Plan C which was to melt the bergs of ice in the freezer in between bouts of gasping with exhaustion in front of things recorded on TV. I give thanks for Sky's Enfield Haunting (very good, and a bit scary too), a programme about mums who bling up their children (very scary) and for the motor finally kicking back into life on the fridge after an agonisingly long wait when I switched it back on (most scary of all until it did!). 

I give thanks for the sight of bright sails on the blue sea in the evening races.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics