Saturday 30 May 2015

It's got to be...

I'm grateful it's such a perfect day. Whatever your opinion of what you encounter (or don't) it's just a turning of a lump of rock in space remember...

I'm grateful for a rather excellent Monfils match last night so I could rest my aches and pains on the sofa and watch, and a rather boring Murray one today so I could get on with other things...

I'm grateful for this mint copy of a book I wanted for my hols for 1p plus the usual P&P ps on Amazon...


I'm grateful I live somewhere I sometimes spell for people H - E - A -V - E - N. It's not entirely a joke, which if you live here you'll know. Thought I'd treat myself a tuna sarnie on the back beach before it becomes film crew/Colin Firth fan infested next week, and pick up some salad as I ran out of shopping strength yesterday and it turned into a festival of delightful exchanges about all manner of things with all manner of people...and dogs! I'm grateful I treated myself to a slice of yummy lemon cake from the craft market as I managed to get three quarters of the sandwich actually in the sand rather than the more traditional other way round... 

I'm grateful for all the laughter in the cab, on the bus, in the shops, at the stalls, at the cafe kiosk and the Big Issue pitch...even in the Post Office where a customer who took a very long time at the counter saw the long queue when she turned round, apologised and mimed creeping out with head hung in penance!

I'm grateful for an evening meal made of leftovers from four previous ones, plus that salad. Lots to be said for vegetarianism you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics