Friday 8 May 2015

Re: count

I'm grateful for negotiating the rain and pain to get my son a birthday card and gift. I'm grateful for a sliver of take away spinach and feta pie to eat for my lunch, a patch of sunshine and a vacant spot to sit in.

Flollopped on the sofa on my return I'm grateful for realising what I thought was a strong smell of neighbours' cooking was actually some peppers I'd put in to roast and rescuing them in time...

I'm grateful some people are happy with the state of political play today. Whatever side we're routing for in whatever contest it is, we do like to bathe in vicarious glory if they win, don't we? And for those who're not so pleased I'm grateful I know whatever the details the picture is really ever the same - the haves still having, and the nots not, and both sides suspicious the other is stopping them from having more, because we all want more and all tend think it's our right to have it no matter whether we're right, left, centre or anything else!

It's still a worrying time to be poor in health as well as wealth, so I give thanks for a smattering of wisdom - it must be all those early nights! The one thing I'm rich in is compassion, so today I've been sending as much as I can to the people in positions of decision making power so that they remember the ones they make decisions about are people too. I'm grateful I give as generously as I can to the local food bank so I should be good for a meal from them if times get that hard, and that I've got my burial plot booked and paid for so whatever else happens I've somewhere to go in the end...

And as my phone fault's past its ERT without resolution, I'm grateful the other half of my copper pair is holding out and that I've so far managed to avoid making any pricey calls on my pay as you go mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics