Friday 1 May 2015

Not on the road again

Earlier this week it seemed I'd be doing something pretty cool today, but then the person I'd been going to do it with decided not...so I was really grateful I came up with a plan for something else, not too demanding for craft crazed hands or annoying for gnarly knees, something slightly scenic and of benefit to myself and others to take the edge off the Wilhelmina without companions Bank Holiday weekend feeling... I'm also grateful in the end I decided I really couldn't be bothered, the physical pain involved in trying to alleviate a bit of psychological pain is sometimes too high a price to pay. I give thanks the universe is encouraging me to find fresh ways of solitarily processing emotions now that drinking, smoking, dancing, going for long walks, playing the guitar and even comfort eating are off the agenda. Aha, and I give thanks for suddenly understanding why people often assume I'm far more saintly than I am!

I give thanks for Rick Wakeman and assorted contributors leading us on a BBC4 history of music tours with vintage pics and footage to stir up memories for anyone, but especially who has ever known a band with a man with a van...

and for Mike and the Mechanics' recent slant on it too 
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/golden-years-m-grateful/story-26419914-detail/story.html  

Oh and for these moving photos of eagle hunters moving and still! 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32410874#1

I give thanks the weather was pretty cool and windy so that I didn't feel the urge to emulate my crafts but to get on with them...a bit...until the pain put an end to that too. I'm grateful for easy food for tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics