Thursday 7 May 2015

It's not what you know

I'm grateful the sun came out while I was as it's been a mite nippy again today...

I'm grateful I live in a country where people can vote in elections if they want to. I'm sceptical about how much power this actually gives you, other than to give someone else the illusion they have more, but I get the impression a lot of people rather like the impression they can change the world that way so if they're grateful I'm grateful too!

I'm grateful for getting some shopping from shops, and Internet shopping from the Post Office. I'm grateful for sharing chuckles there with a customer and a member of staff reorganising the way a T shirt was folded to save on postage costs, and for more mirth in the greengrocers. I'm grateful for exchanging hellos with various people I know and hearing others do the same, and for listening to people starting up conversations with folk they don't know too. I'm grateful for living in such a friendly place.

I'm grateful for getting some jobs done here, and being slightly more successful with sewing this afternoon than I was with beadwork yesterday. This isn't saying much! I know what my right arm's for, and some tasks are great for reminding me what my left was once for too...

I'm grateful the shouty people are back next door after a few weeks' absence or almost silence. If they're shouting here they're not shouting elsewhere so someone else is enjoying some peace I'm sure... And I'm grateful they shut up for a bit just when I needed to have little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics