Saturday 9 May 2015

Choice words

Often it's my second choice, but today I was grateful to go with plan A and snooze away much of the day...

I give thanks for finally getting out of and stripping my bed and that as I've failed to make it again I could, small squealy children permitting, sleep on the sofa tonight

I give thanks for all the help I had making my lunch - the folk who grew the veg, rice and grain for the flour for the pie...and the cows who produced the milk to make the butter and cheese; the ones who processed and packed and transported the ingredients, the ones who made the utensils I used to turn them into a meal, including the cooker and cupboards and sink...and all the ones who work to bring water and electricity to our homes! Wow, it's amazing when you start thinking about it eh?

I give thanks for the phone engineers for fixing my line...and for no one calling me or needing to be called today.

I give thanks for these well thought out cards for thoughtful friends of cancer patients
http://twistedsifter.com/2015/05/cancer-survivor-designs-get-well-soon-cards-that-dont-suck/

And I give thanks that Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is on tonight. It was a funny and touching book that translated to a great film, which doesn't always happen of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics