Thursday 21 May 2015

Growing pains

I give thanks for a bit less pain today - it's not been bad at all as long as I keep perfectly still - so I'm grateful I've managed a little of that! 

Yay, the sun came out and it was warm enough to go out without a fleece, and dry enough to leave off a raincoat for the first time in over a week. I give thanks for finding something to wear without having to try on everything I own which would be far too ouchy! I've lost a bit of weight over the last couple of years and I understand my trousers will be loose, but as far as I can tell I haven't grown so how come they're too short as well?

I give thanks for insisting on a quick trip to the outside world for no good reason at all. It's so easy not to when it's so hard but it's been hard for far too long and cabin fever begins to set in, especially as I can't do much indoors either. I give thanks the bus broke down so I had a lovely long rest on the seat, and was joined by a lady who was saying there was nothing to complain about as it was sunny and warm and dry and we had a comfy place to sit - just my kind of stranded companion! I give thanks for the poppies blooming in the cracks between the pavement and wall and the pretty branches overhead with new spring leaves unfolding.


I'm grateful I went in a couple of charity shops and found a couple of garments with enough potential to consider the alterations required to make them fit or look better. I didn't have time to stop for refreshments so I'm grateful the reason I needed to hurry back was a Tesco delivery including ice cream and scones! I give thanks for a nibble and a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics