Sunday 3 May 2015

Intensive care

I give thanks for more sunshine today for those for whom it enhances what they'd like to do...and for some acceptance that pretty much whatever I'd like to do today I can't. I'm grateful for all the not doing I wanted to do that I could...for a home to stay indoors in, for furniture, power and food, for getting dressed, feeding myself, washing up and watching TV. I'm grateful for reminding myself I don't have to do more of anything just because others do less, except possibly be more caring and loving.
 
After a week of intensive training, I'm grateful for a bit more practice at interpersonal challenges - you don't have to go outdoors for those these days. Humanity in the abstract I have boundless compassion for, but the behaviour of some individuals I encounter can render me aghast with flabber, including an eBay seller who, presumably as a last resort to avoid a refund (after first trying to insist there was nothing wrong with the lace I'd bought, and then that it was lost in the post) accused me of damaging it myself because I hadn't liked it. What? Seriously?

I'm grateful for Nick Stokes and Jesse Pinkman for being not real and therefore easier to get along with. I'm grateful for jaw dropping (people free) Icelandic scenery in HD plus real characters who sounded made up, like Thor who raised Eider ducklings.

I'm grateful for a bit less physical pain so that I've been able to move a bit more, albeit gingerly...or mousily I should say as I've been reminded to remember I'm not ginger any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics