Thursday 30 April 2015

Breaking points

I give thanks for getting my morosity off the mattress and out and about to get on with things that needed to be done. I'm grateful the sun came out while I was resting with a cuppa on the seafront, so I could try out my new sunglasses which have lenses big enough for me to not to squint and frown. I give thanks for feeling far more glamorous in them than I look! And for being able to look at distant headlands too...


I'm grateful I decided to get a taxi home, and thus to know it's better to wait for a bus, or possibly even crawl, than get an excessively expensive and excessively grumbly ride with that particular (new to me) cabbie. Although I did verbalise my dissatisfaction with the situation when I finally got away from the woman (who wanted to carry on spreading gloom and doom even after I'd paid and was standing on the pavement) I was grateful I didn't have anyone to come home and offload the burden of her offload and thus perpetuate and pass on the negativity.

I'm grateful for battling on for a while with the creative challenges I've set myself...before giving up and catching up with Breaking Bad.

I'm grateful for hearing from a couple of people I've not had word from for a while, and that they've included details of what they'd like me to buy them next. I give thanks I know it's petty to wish they'd thanked me for the last gifts I sent first! Remember readers: gratitude is good for you as well as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics