Monday 13 April 2015

Greek to me

I give thanks for the capricious nature of my illness which means you can get half way through a day when you feel dreadful, and then for no discernible reason start feeling much better again - like Saturday - or the other way round like today! Of course it would be marvelous to feel marvelous all the time but one tends to forget to be grateful for that when it's going on, and this way keeps you on your toes, even when you're on your knees! I give thanks we ran out of sunshine this afternoon about the same time as I ran out of oomph, so that I didn't mind cutting a slice from my original intended schedule.

I give thanks for Clive and Sally popping by last night to say a quick hello and drop off the pole ends for my pole to become a dress rail. I give thanks for a companionable knitting session at the library and a companionable detour for ice cream with Jenny at Eastcliff on the way home...and for the sun being out again for this!

I give thanks that I've nearly made the Greek salad for tea...and that, all being well, Rachel will be coming to eat it and treat me before choir. If not I'll give thanks that there's more for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics