Friday 3 April 2015

Not so good Friday

Last night I gave thanks for being so good at looking after myself when I don't feel well - it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes steering the best course between being the nurse and the patient. 

This morning being patient won and I lay very late in bed feeling very sorry for myself so, although I wasn't exactly grateful when the dog upstairs had a long and loud fit of barking, on the plus side it did mean I got myself up at last. I give thanks for making a remarkably tasty omelette with some rather limp and shrivelled veg.

I'm grateful that when I decided to weigh something it wasn't food for a recipe as, after digging around in the back of a cupboard for my rarely used scales I promptly dropped and broke them so they're now no use at all. I give thanks that their box was handy for collecting cardboard in to take to the recycling though...

I give thanks for the murky day to go with my murky mood, and for binoculars for peering at craft on the sea...

I give thanks for these non-April Fool's stories for making me chuckle...
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-04-01/7-stories-that-werent-april-fools-but-could-have-been?fb_action_types=og.comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics