Monday 6 April 2015

Bright spots

I give thanks that yesterday evening my knees stopped complaining enough to go for a stroll and enjoy the cormorants doing their miniature Loch Ness monster thing and the boat wake waves pretending to be dolphins! I give thanks for that special soft blue the sea goes when the sun's too low to shine on it, and the way white things are gold in the last of its rays.

I give thanks for coming home to the oh yes pleasiness of cauliflower cheesiness, and the tide and twilight combining to reveal the pretty ballet of lights as tankers went in and out on the still water and the pilot boat bobbed in between. I give thanks for the big yellow moon rising, and the bright morning waking me up. I give thanks for being too achey to go far on a bustling Bank Holiday...all part of the master plan, and for a nice snooze after lunch likewise

I give thanks it was too barmily balmy to resist in the end though, and despite being able to hardly move for crowds and stiff sore joints for getting an ice cream and marvelling at the shimmering glow of sun on cars across the river. I give thanks I'm saving up for a second hand camera with a bit of zoom but til then fair play to my phone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics