Thursday 2 April 2015

Snap chat

I give thanks for all the things I have that plug in and/or switch on that still do what I hope they will when I do! Except for the ones most recently replaced, all are showing signs of age and malfunction and, of course, nowadays that means they are earmarked for replacement rather than repair and a source of consternation now and then when they suggest they maybe can't wait quite as long as I need them to...

I give thanks that my 'old' camera was happy to come out of retirement for a while, and can but commiserate now that it's decided it can work no more. I give thanks for finding what seems to be the next not too expensive one to buy and for accepting I can't afford even the refurb version for now. I give thanks that my second hand from ebay phone takes a decent snap...and for my second hand from ebay bargain instaglam for my trip...


I give thanks for an excellent documentary about twin girls from China adopted as babies into families from America and Norway who met by accident, helped along by the coincidence that they were wearing exactly the same dresses, bought by their new mothers in their respective home countries before setting out! Thanks also that so much of it was filmed in stunning Scandinavia rather than the States...

I give thanks for completing some rather lengthy and repetitious some line market research (because someone has to!) When I'd finished the questions I tried to leave the site without leaving a feedback comment on the survey itself as I felt I had nothing constructive to say, but it wouldn't let me. I ended up writing, 'Mildly irritating but hopefully helpful!' and then realised it would make an excellent epitaph for my gravestone if 'Whatever' is considered inappropriate when the time comes!

I give thanks for watching, and listening to, the bonfire again today...plus watching its builder tend and attend to it, pausing now and then to take pictures on his phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics