Wednesday 29 April 2015

Epson downs

I give thanks for not having to cook more than a slice of toast so far today, having been nibbling on leftovers from the meal Laura provided yesterday to say thank you for having a go at getting her printer to work. I've the same elderly and often demented model and thought it might need some print head maintenance or maybe a software reinstall, but it was in an even more truculent mood and, at one point pliers and a chisel were involved! I give thanks that not having a mr around to fixit all these years has made me pretty good at doing it myself, and was very grateful to be able to be useful and helpful to someone else for a change.

Today, as the last three have been rather full of human interaction for me, I've been grateful for some downtime. I give thanks for peace and space to process recent events, past events and non-events too, a BBC programme about rubbish that wasn't at all, a little light internet surfing and the endlessly enthralling magpie activity outside. It's a bit late for them to be nest building and they don't seem to have the hang of it anyway so perhaps they're youngsters practising getting it right or oldies trying to remember how!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics