Friday 17 April 2015

Break making

After what was in many ways a difficult evening and night, I give thanks for promising myself a long morning of physical rest and spiritual contemplation and sticking the plan I made. I give thanks for realising, when I decided I wanted to be useful and do the vacuuming instead, that all beings in the vicinity were being quiet themselves so that it seemed a shame to disturb them and best to devote the afternoon to stillness too. I can be so selfless at times, ha ha! Thus I was grateful  for a little light TV catch up at the very quiet volume I prefer, especially Breaking Bad which I'm grateful is on terrestrial TV, but which I'd like even better with subtitles. 

I give thanks for still and somewhat subdued weather also assisting by not beckoning me outside.

I'm grateful for doing some seated tai chi to this simple video a physio recommended to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj8d_yH0J3Y

and for making the first wave break on the shore...


I give thanks for softness of the pillowcase against my cheek, for the sound of the birds waking up in the earliest morning and the sight of the sky growing light. I give thanks for the usefulness of bin bags and of ready made foods that don't taste like they ought to go straight in them.

I give thanks for someone who doesn't know me calling me inspirational. I give thanks for knowing it maybe easier to if you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics