Monday 24 August 2015

Gifts

I give thanks for sleeping unusually late and discovering, when I woke, I'd been doing it without earplugs despite a considerable amount of neighbourhood noisiness. Still in bed after my tea and toast, I gave thanks for one of those astonishing patches of peacefulness, considering getting up and doing the annoyingly noisy things I do while everyone was out before deciding to meditate instead. You don't need to be in a special position or place to meditate, but a quiet one makes it so much nicer!



I give thanks for the money for a cab to knitting and a bit of a friendly natter. I give thanks for a bagful of butter biscuits fresh from Brittany for me and a watch from Mima for my Kidney Research donations. I give thanks for some carryable Co-op bargains for the food bank, and for hearing of Linda's involvement in collection for the women and children camped at Calais which has set my mind wondering what I can donate to them. It's always a gift when you're given an opportunity to give, isn't it?

I give thanks for feeling unusually well for a while later this afternoon. This meant I could walk a bit faster than normal and, as it meant I also felt like singing while I did, passing people more quickly was probably a gift to them as well... I give thanks for the newsagent opening up his closed shop so that I could pick up a parcel, for the bus driver sticking to the timetable so that I had time to get some eggs, and for the reduced to 40p gluten free cupcake from the health food shop being delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics