Friday 21 August 2015

Goodness gracious me

I give thanks for the taking the time to be kind when I felt like being mean. Humans have a tremendous capacity to perceive their ways of behaving as OK, and it's not for me to pass judgement on the ones I could possibly perceive as wrong...but oh my goodness I give thanks for opportunities to avoid the ones I struggle with, and for finding graciousness when I can't.

I give thanks for a walk in the rain which I always enjoy when there'll be a chance to get warm and dry at the end. I give thanks for a steel band on the Triangle (and for upper case letters to make that sentence make sense!) and a brief encounter with the lovely Lisa - one of those precious people who always get a hug in their eyes when they see me coming! I give thanks for a nimble cab driver getting me home through the cloggiest traffic. I give thanks for Co op Taste the Difference smoked haddock cheese sauce fishcakes and coleslaw, conveniently delicious! I give thanks for a Tesco delivery and the great treat that is simply good fresh bread and good butter.

I give thanks for a great friend who happens to be a great acupuncturist and loads more hugs this afternoon.

I give thanks for remaining flexible through the last few days' many twists and turns and remembering the beauty of simply being there on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics