Thursday 13 August 2015

Spot on

I give thanks for rising to the challenges of a hospital appointment. Seriously folks, it's much easier to be ill if you're well and maybe don't try to travel by public transport on wet days when there are not enough seats or even carriages on the trains, and the buses are secretly rerouted so as to avoid the place you're waiting completely...and lack drivers when you find them!

I give thanks for my cagoule, my Walkman, my sense of humour and of wonder at so many sights I see, for my resilience and resourcefulness, and independent spirit that means despite all the delays and difficulties I'm still grateful I didn't take the 'easy' way and get volunteer transport instead.

I'm grateful for getting a pot of Sacred Truth, and a carrot cake lunch in a wholefood cafe which I certainly wouldn't have been able to do if I had, and for staying late after my appointment to get some on the spot EPO treatment which might have been tricky if I had too. Oh, and I'm grateful I learnt how to self administer it which I'd been quite nervous about but which wasn't hard at all.

I'm grateful for running into an old friend in just the spot I was supposed to eight months ago only he didn't show up... I'm grateful for the confused raindrops trying to run down the front bus windows but also being swept back up as we picked up speed - mesmerising! I'm grateful for pasta with leeks and mushrooms in cream cheese and pesto sauce cooked while typing this, and for the water heating up for my bath while I eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics