Saturday 29 August 2015

Only me

I give thanks for all the Bank Holiday busyness, and that I'm not required to join in but can do what I'm so much better at, and stay home alone... There are times when solitary living, not getting out much, hardly ever having visitors and rarely even chatting on line suits me just fine, but I'm grateful most people I know have such much more connected lives, as I think many would find it hard.

I give thanks for an unusually peaceful day on the terrace. I give thanks for sleeping and thinking, and not thinking too; for reading an excellent book and watching an excellent film; for finding the energy for a little sewing and knitting, and finding simple but tasty things to eat. I give thanks for some of the compilations on distractify for making me laugh out loud, and remembering the pair of buzzards putting on their own air display last week as we sat on the hill waiting for planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics