Thursday 27 August 2015

Poor me

I've been in so much pain the last twenty four hours, and so grateful that though part of it is due to having miserable things the matter with me, the other part is due to doing nice things yesterday!

I'm grateful for getting my earplugs in early to soften the sounds of neighbourly discontent, and for remembering to have compassion for the suffering souls around me. I may be poor in wealth and health, in tangible resources and visible support, but I have more of an abundance of richness inside my mind and heart than almost anyone I know, and I'm grateful I know how fortunate I am.

I'm grateful for a soothing soak in my deep bath, and for unmetered water which might be pricy but which might as well be used. I'm grateful for an early night and a long lie in. I'm grateful for attending to various medical matters including giving myself my first unsupervised Epo injection which I found quite scary and thus had to delay as you have to make sure your blood pressure is low first. I'm grateful I know it will probably get easier...maybe I'll even get the hang of opening the packet ;-)

I'm grateful for knitting a couple of squares, for getting the most essential cleaning done and for keeping myself fed. I'm grateful I'm only cooking for one - meals as dire as I've produced the last couple of days should definitely be kept to oneself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics