Thursday 20 August 2015

Something to draw on

I give thanks for my brief adventure in another country...just long enough to get supplies from for the return, peak piningly at Los Picos and slurp a nata and nueces from my favourite ice cream vendor outside of Devon. On arrival I always find myself giving astonished thanks thinking 'Good heavens (or words to that effect!) I'm still here and still here!'...ie. not dead nor on dialysis.

I give thanks for an exhausted early retreat to my cabin with my trusty travel kettle. I give thanks I was already crying when I spilt the milk as it made me laugh instead! I give thanks for no signal or connection at a time when I felt the need for a friend...so no one had to feel the need to come up with something appropriate to say. I give thanks I give myself such excellent advice and support anyway...

I give thanks for a foggy day - always helps me to see clearly. There are a lot of things in my life I would choose to be different if I could but I can't, and I'm grateful I can still make good choices about the ones that are left. I'm grateful I've encountered so many grumblers today to remind me to be grateful I don't. Oh, and for the silent man filling a notebook with clever swift pen sketches of what drew his eye. I didn't speak to him. He was even better at creating a 'don't' zone than I am...respect!

I give thanks for some fellow travellers sharing a cab and a neighbour I don't know giving me a lift up the hill when she saw me struggling. I'm grateful I spotted my new duvet cover waiting to cuddle me when I came through the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics