Tuesday 25 August 2015

Preferential treatment

Ooh yes... Hot buttered crumpet and conserve in bed for breakfast! Oh no... Hot buttered crumpet and conserve actually in the bed! I'm grateful this quick turnaround of opinion of a situation is still making me chuckle out loud hours later! I'm grateful my Buddhist tendencies help me understand how pointless our preferences are, how counterproductive to anything touching on happiness... but I still give thanks that so many of my clumsy mishaps make me laugh, as there are so many in my days.

I'm grateful for an often dark day weather wise, just right for me as I've been in an advanced state of zombie (the hair is particularly convincing!) and not up to doing a lot except essential chores and equally essential snoozing. I'm grateful for leftovers and an appetite, for a little knitting done before my arms and hands became too sore, a little sewing on the machine before sitting up and paying attention became too much of a chore. I'm grateful for shelter from the elements, furniture and furnishings, appliances (medical and domestic!), internet, recorded TV, books and earplugs...but most of all I'm grateful for being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics