Saturday 22 August 2015

Retrospective

I'm grateful for all of it - the sunshine and the rain, the walking, the waiting, the burning, the chills...even for the creaking and groaning around my flat in the aftermath of pain. I'm grateful for all the rearrangements of arrangements for the day, the un-co operative phones, the traffic jams, the buses eventually getting there...and back! I'm grateful for sitting on a hillside chatting with people I like, eating food I like, enjoying the glorious surroundings of this place I've made my home, and for laughing in awe and delight with complete strangers at the extra thrill the increased height gives to attending an air display.


I'm grateful for not bothering too much with trying to take photos...which means with the attempt to success ratio I only got a couple I liked and one of them was of the boats in the bay! I'm grateful for discovering the guys we thought weren't particularly "tidy" were on their debut formation display so that now I can give them massive retrospective respect they deserved...

I'm grateful for packing everything I needed including a scarf to lend someone I knew and a brolly to lend someone I didn't. I'm grateful for saving a snail from its suicide mission to cross the pavement and road. Actually, thinking about it now, I hope it wasn't cross at my thwarting its free will!

I'm grateful for more hugs and expressions of appreciation of my friendship in the last couple of days than I usually get in months. I'm grateful for the effects of the extra oxytocin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics