Tuesday 4 August 2015

Trickled pink (and green)

I give thanks I'm clearly not an old dog as I've just learned a new trick! I give thanks to Youtube for showing me how to line a sleeveless top properly, which as a self taught sewer I've never quite got my head round and which is no wonder if you don't already know and look at this to find out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTO5ihqW5cE


Yes, it would be better if I'd used the old trick of stay stitching as it's stretched a little on the curves but there's been precious few sun top wearing days so far this year and if there's another I shall wear it contentedly regardless. I give thanks I know that much as I would like to blame wanting to be quiet for the neighbours and not operating the machine too much, leaving out this step was more a case of wanting to rush ahead and see if I could do it before the oomph of motivation and energy ran out.

I give thanks for finding a silk sari on ebay a while back as a source for the main fabric, and some soft fine cotton mull on line to line it...and for working out a pattern that shows plenty of skin without being unseemly for a women of advancing years ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics