Friday 7 August 2015

Silly season

Feeling particularly rough today I was grateful to find my appointment card and realise my bloods were supposed to be done yesterday. Normally I say I'll remember, and do, but I made the mistake of letting someone write it down so my brain thought it was off duty. I'm grateful they could squeeze me in today anyway, because I know it's important, but still it would have been nicer to stay in bed and not prove how poorly I am.

I'm grateful it was sunny and warm...and amusing to watch the tourists arrive at the sea front with all their kit and realise the tide was in and there was nowhere to put it. I'm grateful I know I'm not nice sometimes...and to get a ride back with a cab driver equally frazzled by the seasonal increase in population.

I'm grateful I ordered the wrong earplugs after throwing away the sample the packet of the best ones I've ever tried and wanting to order more...because I could offer them to a neighbour who has issues with pigeons.

I'm grateful for an afternoon in bed snoozing to the sound of angle grinders, strimmers and small children who make me grateful I'm not a grandmother. I give thanks for laughing out loud at silly things on distractify.com and similar sites. I give thanks I have no one to tempt my jaded appetite with light refreshments, as clearly if I want them I can't be very ill. I'm grateful I know I'm probably kidding myself... I've had years of practice after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics