Sunday 2 August 2015

Boot camp

I'm grateful the film I chose to watch last night was more special effects than subtle muttered plot line. Actually they were really rather good special effects (including baseball boots with wings!) so I'm grateful I thought to save it and to save up for wireless headphones... I'm grateful others have more going on in their lives than I do, but I do prefer not to have the TV sound turned up to drown out the sound of it. I'm grateful I got to bed early, and to sleep quickly with earplugs in, and the gulls woke me up before the humans got started so that when all creatures were quiet again I could have my first nap before my second breakfast!

I'm grateful for summoning phases of energy for an afternoon and evening of intermittent busyness - changing the bedding over to summer as I've decided spring and autumn is too hot, laundry, paperwork, postbox and recycling bin visiting, ironing, cooking for one and washing up for what seems like a dozen. Guess it's no wonder I get grumpy listening to other people having more fun, but I'm grateful I know it's up to me to work on my attitude not up to them to stop. I am a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics